New Proof of Age Photo ID Cards in QLDWhat licensed venue staff need to know
Will the ID scanner at venues still work?
If you have a regulated ID scanner at your venue, your nominated approved operator should have been sent a sample of the new card to ensure their compatibility with your machine. If you haven’t received your sample card, or had problems reading the card with your ID scanner, get in touch with the OLGR for assistance.
Applying for a proof of age ID card
Please note: ITS is unable to assist in the issuing of photo ID cards. For all questions relating to card issuing, contact your nearest QLD Transport and Motoring Service Centre. Details can be found here
How do you apply for a new photo ID card?
To be eligible to apply for a photo ID card you must:
- Be 15 years of age or older
- Complete a photo ID application form
- Provide evidence of identity for example: A birth certificate or passport plus a medicare card and something like a basics card for student identity document.
- Pay the fee
You can apply for a photo ID card in person at the transport and motoring customer service centre, or at a police station if they provide licensing services, or at a participating QGAP (Queensland Government Agency Program Office).
If you live in a remote area and can’t apply in person, you may be eligible to apply for your Photo ID card by mail.
The application process
1. Download the photo ID card kit which includes the following
- Application form
- Signature specimen form
- How to do your digital photo right
2. Complete the form.
Who can be an approved witness?
- Medical Practitioner
- Police officer
- Judge, Barrister or Solicitor
- Notary public or person authorised by law to witness and sign declarations
- Justice of the Peace
- Consular or ambassadorial officer
3. Sign the form
4.Provide two identical colour photos signed and endorsed by an approved witness.
- Sunglasses and reading glasses must not be worn for the photos
- Photos can’t be more than 6 months old and must be passport quality
- Dimensions are to be 35mm wide x 45mm long
- They must be printed on high quality paper at a 600+dpi resolution
- Images will not be accepted if they are digitally altered or manipulated
5. Provide Evidence of Identity
6. Pay the fee
7. Submit your application
Have questions about getting a photo identification card?
For all the details on obtaining a photo identification card, please refer to the Queensland Government website.
Have liquor licensing questions or need RMLV certification?
ITS provides a range of services to support licensed venues and their team.
If you are applying for, transferring or needing to update your liquor license, find out how we may be able to assist on our liquor licensing page.
Looking for RMLV training?
Check out our upcoming course dates below
214 Waterworks Rd Ashgrove, QLD 4060 Australia
Cairns RSL, 115-119 Esplanade Cairns, QLD 4870 Australia
326 James Street, Toowoomba City, QLD 4350
Musgrave Hills Bowls Club
104 Musgrave Rd Labrador, QLD 4215 Australia
52 Duporth Avenue, Maroochydore QLD 4558 Australia